Welcome to our new Boards, Commissions and Committees website. Please consider applying to join one of these groups. Our County will be stronger with the involvement of our citizens.
- Click apply for vacant positions for appointment and submit online
- A hard copy can be obtained at:
Ulster County Legislature
244 Fair Street
P.O. Box 1800
Kingston, NY 12402-1800
Fax: (845) 340-3651
- Please complete the application form in its entirety. Should this application form not be fully completed, the Ulster County Legislature reserves the right to reject the application. In addition, any false or misleading information on this application form will be sufficient reason for the Ulster County Legislature to reject the application or terminate an appointment. Information included in this application is subject to the Freedom of Information Law.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for appointment without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, disabled veteran status, or status as a member of any other protected group or activity.
- In order to be eligible for certain appointments you must be a resident of Ulster County.
- Please be advised pursuant to the Ulster County Ethics and Disclosure Law (The Code of the County of Ulster – Chapter 44 Local Law No. 11-2008), members of the following boards will be required to complete an Annual Statement of Financial Disclosure:
- Ulster County Economic Development Alliance
- Human Rights Commission
- Ulster County Resource Recovery Agency
- Periodic Compensation Review Committee
- Ulster County Industrial Development Agency
- Board of Ethics
- Pursuant to § C-16 of the Ulster County Charter:
Members of all citizens' committees, commissions and boards appointed shall serve at the pleasure of the County Legislature. They shall serve without compensation other than for actual and necessary expenses within appropriations made therefor, unless otherwise provided by resolution of the County Legislature. The Chairman of the County Legislature shall be a member ex officio of all such committees, commissions and boards.
- To access Boards and Commissions click here.
How do I know if there is an opening on a Board?
On the listing of the Board, you will see a "Join" button when a Board seat is open for applications.
How do I apply?
Click on the "Join" button for the board, commission or committee you would like to apply to join. Select "Apply" next to the seat you would like to apply for and then click "Apply Now" at the top right corner of the page. You will be taken to a screen to create an account. Be sure you remember the Username and Password you create. Then you will be taken to an online application.
Information required is indicated with a "*" Please provide as much information as possible. Under "Availability" please include any relevant information. For example, you might note you are unavailable for daytime meetings.
You will be provided with an opportunity to include a "brief resume of education and experience”. We also encourage you to upload a full resume/curriculum vitae (CV). You may also upload letters of recommendation.
You may save your application as a draft so you can come back to it later. To do so, you would log back in when you are ready and click on "My Applications." When you are ready to submit your application, press "Submit Application."
If you keep getting an "error" message, we suggest you close the website and then reopen it. Or call the Ulster County Legislature’s Office at 845-340-3900.